PCGS’s Clinical Certificate is the first training program of its kind. It is an exciting opportunity for all clinicians who seek specialized training in the treatment of the LGBTQ population of the 21st century. Therapists who complete the didactic over 3 or more years, in conjunction with weekly supervision and the fulfillment of at least 3 fee-for-service patient hours per week, are eligible for LGBTQ Clinical Certificate. Therapists in the certificate program will receive group supervision; fee-for-service payment; reduced rates to other ICP seminars and modules; invaluable networking connections; and the opportunity for private patient referral.
All LGBTQ Clinical Certificate Program modules are open to clinicians seeking to expand their practical knowledge in working with the LGBTQ population. Completion of modules and qualifying seminars or conferences can be credited to fulfill the certificate program requirements.
There is no tuition for our program! Instead, our program is pay-as-you-go*:
*Please note that same specialized programming might cost or or less than the above estimates.
(1) LGBTQ Experience Then and Now
(2) Transference/countertransference with LGBTQ Patients
(3) In Depth Clinical Work with Transgender Patients
(4) Essential Psychoanalytic Theory*
In addition, candidates must complete at least 30 hours of electives (about five or six modules).
To see examples of the types of electives that we offer, you can visit our ‘Past Workshops’ page here.
• 3 patient hours a week for three years
• Group supervision once a week for three years
• Satisfactory evaluation by the supervisor
• Completion of core curriculum plus elective hours